Are you a woman with too much masculine energy?
I myself had a mother with many masculine traits. She was a single parent, taking care of so many things. I admired her strength and independence, but as a young woman, I sometimes felt like I needed to masculinize my energy in order to compete or be taken seriously.
I’m not alone. There are many women out there with too much masculine energy.
So what does it mean when a woman has masculine energy? What are the traits of a woman with too much masculine energy?
Woman with too much masculine energy:
Woman with too much masculine energy shows excessive masculine energy traits such as competitiveness, aggressiveness, and dominance. She is often very independent, goal-oriented, and directive. She is usually not very emotional or expressive and can be quite harsh and unyielding.
Below is a list of ways how a woman with too much masculine energy shows up in different areas of life. Does any of these sound like you?
Woman with too much masculine energy at work:
- always doing, competitive
- pushing yourself too hard
- obsessive with tasks
- you can’t slow down and relax
- you forget to eat
Woman with too much masculine energy in love relationships:
- you find it difficult to express yourself
- you come off as aggressive
- you are authoritarian, micromanaging
- you are the one in charge of arranging dates
- giving unwanted advice
- making men feel useless, trying to come off as always independent
- chasing, obsessing, seeking
- problems with intimacy, problems receiving pleasure
Unlock your feminine energy and become happier, more loved, and fulfilled as a result. This program has everything you need for a transformation in just 7 days
Woman with too much masculine energy in relationship with herself:
- disconnected from your emotions
- self-worth based on the outside – material success, other people opinions
- overly self-critical
- always planning and organizing
- masculine body movements, posture, walk
Woman with too much masculine energy in friendships:
- not feeling comfortable sharing how you feel
- not expressing love or vulnerability
- trouble building deep connections
- appearing cold
- trying to impress
- difficulty with close physical affection
Can a woman have too much masculine energy?
Yes, any woman can definitely experience too much masculine energy.
However, it’s important to note that masculine energy is not bad or wrong. It’s just an aspect of who we are.
The key is to find balance and to use our masculine energy in a way that serves us and our lives.
If you find that you can relate to any of the traits above, do not put yourself down. There are actually many women struggling with the same thing.
If you feel like your masculine energy is running your life, it might be time to do some work on bringing more of your femininity.
Every woman has feminine and masculine energy within her. The question is: are you only relying on your masculinity?
Why a woman experience too much masculine energy?
The reasons why a woman expresses too much masculine energy vary.
Some of the causes are:
- Having a mother or other female role model with too much masculine energy
- Experiencing abuse or violence as a woman
- Living in a society that values and rewards masculine traits more than feminine ones
- Taking on too many masculine roles in order to survive (e.g., being the breadwinner, taking care of others)
Being too masculine is a way how you try to protect yourself. It’s a coping strategy to feel more in control and in power.
I highly recommend you check this next article for more insights why is this happening: What causes wounded feminine energy.
Is all masculine energy bad?
No, absolutely not!
You need masculine energy in your life.
The goal is to know when to take a step back, relax, and find a more feminine approach.
How do I release excess masculine energy?
- Notice when you are being too masculine and become aware of how it feels in your body.
- Heal the parts of yourself that need love and compassion.
- Start to soften your approach and become more receptive.
- Allow yourself to be guided by your intuition and feelings, rather than your head or logic.
- Get in touch with your emotions and express them freely.
- Take some time for self-care and relaxation.
For a guided 7-day program with a workbook, audio meditations, journaling prompts, and exercises that will help you reclaim your feminine energy, check out the Unlock Feminine Energy: 7-day transformation program
Are you a woman with too much masculine energy?
You don’t need to carry your masculine behavior anymore if you decided they no longer serve you. When you learn about your patterns, then you can choose. You always have the possibility to lean more towards feminine or masculine energy.
Balance is when you know how both of these energies show up in your life and choose the right ones in the right situations to live the most fulfilling life.
If you enjoyed this article, I am sure you will love this one next: 10 steps to heal wounded feminine energy.
“For the first time ever, I feel like I understand my femininity. I’d already begun seeing breakthroughs and improvements in my relationships. This program has been a true gift.”